- 2 cups cooked quinoa (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette dressing
This quinoa chicken salad is an awesome way to double-down on protein - 27g of it! It also loads you with 56g of carbs and 388 calories. It’s so nutritious - and so easy to prepare, either as a side dish or the star in its own right.
- Simply take two cups of cooked quinoa and add them to a big bowl.
- Follow them up with a 15 ounce tin of black beans, a 15 ounce tin of corn, half a chopped onion, half a chopped red bell pepper, a cup of diced chicken and a quarter cup of parsley.
- Then take a third of a cup of vinaigrette dressing, and pour it over your mix.
- Stir well, add more parsley - and serve.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Per serving: Calories: 388; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 30mg; Sodium: 391mg; Carbohydrate: 56g; Dietary Fiber: 12g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 27g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 870mg; Iron: 23%; Vitamin A: 19%; Vitamin C: 51%; Calcium: 7%