- Have the Tomahawk Steak at room temperature
- Preheat you oven to 180'c
- Heat a griddle pan to smoking hot
- Rub some Rapeseed oil onto the steak
- Place in pan and cook for 90 secs then turn over and cook for 90 secs , turn over and rotate 45 degrees and cook for 90 secs , add in a good knob of butter and turn again for 90 secs basting with the butter
- Place in oven and finish cooking to your liking we recommend a core temperature of 58 - 60'c
- Remove from oven place on a rack and cover with tin foil rest for 2 minutes and turn rest for another 2 minutes and serve
- Enter into taste heaven 🙌
- Full Description
Our Tomahawk steaks are carved from the beef fore rib – the same primal section as any other ribeye. It’s a very thick (at least 2 inches) steak.This cut will include the longissimus dorsi (eye of ribeye), spinalis (the ribeye cap), and the complexus.
The signature, extra-long bone is left whole and attached – and trimmed for beauty in a way that’s called “Frenched.” This means the bone is expertly cleaned of meat and fat by our master butchers. This resulting masterpiece resembles a ‘handle’ and that resemblance is where its namesake originates – the tomahawk axe.
It’s the steak you see when you close your eyes and dream. It’s the steak that Fred Flintstone ate. It’s over the top. Larger than life. The ultimate. Our 35oz Tomahawk ribeye steak is perfect for sharing with friends – use the long bone handle to enjoy this luxury steak yourself… caveman style.
TIPS ON COOKING THE TOMAHAWK