Famed in the Kerrigan household for generations, Mrs Kerrigans’ Mince Stew is a classic - simple ingredients, easy to prepare, yet full of taste and wholesome nutrition. Serve with baby new potatoes for a meal all the family will enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Allergens: Wheat, Gluten, Eggs, Soya, Celery, Mustard
- Carrots, chopped (2 large, 200 g)
- Onions, chopped (2 medium, 200 g)
- Vegetable Oil (1 tsp, 5 ml)
- Steak Mince (600 g)
- Beef Stock Cube (1 cube, 13 g)
- Bisto Granules (4 tsp, 20 g)
- Water (600 ml)
- Fry the mince in a little vegetable oil until browned. Set aside.
- Place the carrots and onion in a large pot of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Add the stock cube and stir well until dissolved. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the cooked mince and gradually stir in the Bisto (dissolved in cold water).
- Stir continuously until the desired consistency is achieved.