Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Allergens: Nuts, Sulphur Dioxide, White Wine
- Black Rice (1 cup, 175 g)
- Pork loin steaks, excess fat trimmed (four, 125 g each) Get yours here.
- Mangetout, steamed (150 g)
- Green beans, steamed (150 g)
- Baby spinach leaves (100 g)
- Roasted cashew nuts (25 g)
- Fresh chives, chopped (2 tbsp, 10 g)
- Orange juice, freshly squeezed (2 tbsp, 20 ml)
- Lime juice, freshly squeezed (1 tbsp, 10 ml)
- White balsamic vinegar (2 tsp, 10 ml)
- Honey (2 tsp, 10 ml)
- Ginger, grated (1 tsp, 10 g)
- Olive oil (1 tsp, 10 ml)
For a twist on traditional pork dishes, try this recipe in which the meat is combined with a delightful rice salad, full of natural flavours and contrasting textures. As well as looking and tasting great, this pork dish is highly nutritious, providing an abundance of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, wholegrains and important antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. A meal for champions!
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 – 35 minutes or until just tender. Drain, cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over a medium heat and cook the pork steaks for 4 – 5 minutes each side, or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a clean chopping board, cover loosely with foil, and allow to rest for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice the pork. Place the rice, mangetout, green beans, spinach leaves, chives and cashews in a large bowl. Combine the orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, honey, and ginger in a small bowl, whisking briefly.
- Add the dressing and pork to the salad and toss gently to combine.