Valentine's Dinner Made Easy with Kerrigans
Valentine's Day is just around the corner! If you're stuck for some inspo, fear not! We've put together and step-by-step walkthrough on how to cook the perfect meal for your loved one. We've even made life easy for you and created a Valentine's meal kit to ease the stress of prep work!
Ready in 30 mins
Serves 2 people
In The Box
- 2 x 200g Centre Cut Fillet Steaks
- 8 Tempura King Prawns
- Sweet Chilli Dip
- Green Beans
- Crispy Onions
- Handcut Chips
- Potato Gratin
- Pepper Sauce
- The Fillet Steaks should be allowed to come to room temperature then heat a pan to smoking hot. Rub rapeseed oil on the steaks. Cook for 4 minutes turning sides every minute. Then for the last minute, add in a knob of butter and a clove of garlic. Simply baste the steak so it can soak in all that beautiful butter. Finally, remove from heat and rest for 2-3 mins before serving.
- Prawns will take 10 mins in oven at 220ºC or 5 mins in oil at 180ºC
- Dish out the prawns with a side of sweet chilli sauce.
- Roast the chips for 20 mins @ 180ºC in some oil and season with salt & pepper.
- After you remove the steak from the pan and while its resting pop the onions in the pan to heat and soak up the steak juices.
- Cook in the oven at 220ºC for 30 mins or until crispy on the outside for 8 minutes in oil at 180ºC .
- Serve those crispy onions alongside your main course
- Add the green beans to some boiling water with a pinch of salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- And then...the best bit...tuck in and enjoy!
Looking for a romantic meal for 2 this Valentine's Day? You're in luck! Purchase our Valentine's Day Meal Kit for just €40!