- 4 BK Flamer turkey burger (or any of our other turkey burgers which can be picked up here.)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 115 g brown rice
- 450g broccoli (1 large head)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated/chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 5g fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 spring onion, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered, optional
- 1 red chili, optional
Try this recipe once and there’s a good chance it will be your new go-to midweek meal prep. Everything can be prepped and ready in the time it takes the rice to cook and the best thing is it tastes like you spent hours slaving over it.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and begin cooking brown rice.
- While the rice is cooking, mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together.
- Place a large pan on a medium heat. When hot, add coconut oil and BK Flamer burgers.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Add the sauce and cook for 2 minutes to allow to reduce. You may need to increase the heat for this step. Then remove from the heat.
- Cook the broccoli in a little boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until just a little tender. Drain.
- Portion the brown rice, broccoli and glazed burger into meal prep containers or plate-up each portion to share with your family or mates right away.
- Make it fancy with those flavour packed finishing touches -chopped coriander, spring onion, chili and a squeeze of lime.
Macros per portion:
41% protein, 45% carbs, 14% fats
34.3g protein, 37.4g carbs, 4.8g fat