This Authentic Chicken Curry dish is as tasty as they come. Easy to prepare and using spices you'd find in any good Indian curry, it's a dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Be sure to use our Irish chicken to give it an extra level of succulence.
- 1 kg Kerrigan's chicken breasts diced into 1”cubes
- 10 vine tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste (or 5 cloves of garlic and 2 inch of fresh ginger very finely grated)
- 2 green chillies (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp ghee or sunflower oil
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground red chilli powder or paprika (for a milder version)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat oil or ghee in a large non stick pan, add the chopped onions and saute until translucent, for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for another minute, pop in the chopped tomatoes and fry on medium heat until the water in the tomatoes dries out. This might take 6 to 8 mins, then add the tomato puree and stir well combined.
- Add all the dry spices and mix well. Now add the chicken and make sure the masala has coated the chicken.
- Add water and reduce the heat, and cook until the chicken is well cooked, about 10 mins. If you like more gravy, feel free to add more water.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander along with cooked basmati rice or naan. Enjoy!