With summer time on the horizon, we thought we’d start sharing some of our favourite BBQ recipes. Chicken and mango is a truly delicious combination and, served with a colourful mixed salad, makes for a flavoursome and highly nutritious BBQ meal.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
Serves: 4 (175 g of meat per person)
- natural yoghurt (250 g)
- fresh lemon juice (30 ml)
- chopped garlic (10 g)
- chopped root ginger (10 g)
- garam masala (10 g)
- sea salt (3 g)
- sweet paprika (4 g)
- skinless chicken breasts (700 g)
- ripe mango, 4 sides cut from stone (200 g)
- rapeseed oil (5 g)
- fresh mint (10 g)
- cider vinegar (20 ml)
- sugar (2 g)
- black pepper (1 g)
- Preheat the barbeque to a medium heat of 180ºC to 230ºC.
- Blend the marinade ingredients together in a food processor until uniform in consistency, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of water, if required. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal it tightly. Turn the bag several times to distribute the marinade, then refridgerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Lightly brush the mango sides with the oil. Grill over direct medium heat for about 2 minutes, flat sides down, with the lid closed, until they brown. Remove the mango from the barbeque and cut cross-hatch marks in the flesh down to the skin, then scoop out the little pieces. Combine the mango with the remaining chutney ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Wipe off most of the marinade from the chicken and brush with a little oil. Grill over direct medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes, with the lid closed, turning once. Ensure the meat is cooked through to the centre. Serve warm with the chutney.