There's nothing quiet like pancakes. They're so easy to make, take minutes to prepare and can be super heath. Check out this recipe for a Kerrigan's turkey bacon pancake special. Our turkey bacon is so lean, bursting with protein and just as tasty as regular bacon, making it the perfect addition to your morning pancakes.
Ingredients (makes 12 pancakes)
● 8 Kerrigan's Turkey bacon - get yours here.
For the pancakes:
● 2 cups self rising flour - 300 grams
● 1 cup grated organic carrot
● 2 scallions or spring onions chopped
● 1 tbsp chopped chives
● 4 organic eggs
● 2 1⁄2 cup milk
● 1 tsp paprika sweet
● Sea salt and pepper to season
● Extra virgin olive oil to fry
● Chopped chives or scallions to serve (optional)
● Honey or maple syrup to serve
1. Mix all pancake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well using a wire whisk.
2. Heat a few drops of oil on a non stick pan on medium heat and using a ladle pour the batter on the pan and cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
3. Along with it, heat a few drops of oil in another pan and fry the Kerrigan's Turkey Bacon for two minutes on each side.
4. To serve stack the pancakes, one upon the other, top with Kerrigan's Turkey bacon, garnish with chopped chives or scallions and drizzle with honey or maple syrup. Enjoy!