- 4 NBF jumbo turkey sausages (get yours here)
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 10 large eggs
- 8-10 asparagus spears, chopped into 1-cm pieces
- 80g grated mozzarella
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ruby grapefruits, halved
- Olive oil spray
These are the ideal snack or breakfast on the go. When you come home hungry from work or working out, having these bites ready to snack on is a life saver -they are delicious way to keep on track and away from the biscuit box! These are super high in protein so we follow with a refreshing ½ grapefruit to keep it balanced.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Chop the sausages into pieces, about 1-2 cm.
- Place a pan on a medium heat, when hot add olive oil spray and sausages. Cook turning occasionally until golden on the outside and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Crack all of the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with the basil pesto and half of the mozzarella.
- Spray a muffin tin with olive oil spray or wipe each cup with a well oiled piece of kitchen paper. Divide the spicy NBF sausage, asparagus and cherry tomatoes into each cup.
- Pour over the pesto egg mix and finally sprinkle over the rest of the mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until cooked through and a little golden.
- Enjoy with a half grapefruit on the side for added fiber, vitamin C and flavenoids.
Makes 12 egg muffins
Macros for 2 muffins and ½ grapefruit:
40% protein, 16% carbs, 44% fat
25g protein, 8g carbs, 13g fat