Super Easy Greek Chicken Wraps
- 1 10″ (25cm) whole grain wrap (or certified gluten-free wrap if needed)
- 1/4 cup (45 grams) sliced roasted red pepper (about 1/4 a medium pepper)
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
When it comes to healthy, flavoursome eating, the Greeks really know how to live it up. Chicken is a great source of lean protein. When prepared the Greek way, it’s got a real zest to it - as well as plenty of essential nutrients from vegetables and whole grains.
- For this one, take a cooked chicken and then shred it. Set the skin aside - you don’t need it.
- Then, grab a bowl of grape tomatoes, a whole slab of feta cheese, a cup of olives, and two cucumbers. Slice and dice all of this, before adding to a bowl with a dash of ground red pepper, two tbsp of olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice (from one lemon), and a cup of chopped oregano.
- Mix together.
- Finally, take a tub of hummus and spread liberally (or sparingly, it’s up to you) on a wrap, before filling with the mixture.
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1 wrap
Per serving: Calories: 236; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 48mg; Sodium: 769mg; Carbohydrate: 27g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 9g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 321mg; Iron: 7%; Vitamin A: 36%; Vitamin C: 14%; Calcium: 21%