Everyone is loving making dishes with their slow cookers! They're so easy to use and the slow cooking process makes your meat of choice so flavoursome and delicious.
This slow cooked mince pork ragu is such an easy and versatile dinner to make. Your kids will love it with their favourite accompaniment. You can use tagliatelle, spaghetti, rice or whatever takes your fancy. If you're cutting out the carbs it can even be eaten on it's own in a bowl.
Its also great if you plan on meal prepping during the week, just divide it up into your desired portions.
You also don't need to slow cook it, you can just leave it simmer in the pan. I love to slow cook meat though as it makes it so tender, a big difference.
- 150g Bacon cut into pieces (use turkey bacon to make it extra lean. Get yours here.)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1lb pork mince meat (Get yours here).
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup of milk
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan finely grated to serve
- Fry the chopped bacon.
- Add carrot, celery, onion and fry until soften.
- Take out of pan and add to slow cooker ( you can leave in pan if not using slow cooker)
- Fry the minced pork until brown.
- Add the pork to slow cooker.
- Pour in Red Wine, chicken stock, tomato paste and milk.
- Stir occasionally.
- Slow cook for at least 2 hours and serve with whatever you like!
This dish was created by our brand ambassador Paul Grainner of balancedlife.ie. Paula can be found on Instagram here.