- 4 OH turkey burger (or any of our other burgers which you can check out here.)
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- 50g rocket (a large handful)
- ½ red onion
- 130g Sweet potato fries
- 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup greek yogurt, 0% fat
- 15g fresh coriander
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch of sea salt
All the fun of a burger but we’ve ditched the bread for a juicy low-carb portobello mushroom bun. This easy avocado sauce is ideal with the OH burger or you can make a batch to have with your meal prep or sweet potato fries.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place sweet potato fries on a tray and bake for 20 minutes
- Clean mushroom caps and remove the stalk. Turn them face down on a baking tray, spray with olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. (If it’s BBQ weather get the mushrooms on the BBQ soaking up that smoky flavour over the coals)
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse to smooth. Check the consistency and seasoning, if you want to add a little more water, do this 1 tsp at a time. You can make this by hand also for a chunkier sauce. Just chop the coriander and garlic first and then mash the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan until smoking hot. Add the burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- If you’re meal prepping, place the mushroom and burger on one side of the container and the rocket, red onion and avosauce on the other side. This way you’ll be able to heat the mushroom and burger and serve with the fresh salad and sauce piled on top.
- When you’re serving up, spread a good spoonful of the sauce on the mushroom caps and stack the hot OH burger and fresh salad in between. Perfect served up with a pile of sweet potato fries.
Makes 4 portions
Macros per portion:
40% protein, 18% carbs, 42% fat,
29g protein, 13g carbs, 14g fat