Avocado Salsa With Steak
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) lean steak (3/4- to 1-inch thick)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (about 1/2 a cucumber)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Summer is on its way, which can only mean one thing - it’s almost time to whip out the grill and cook up a storm.
Steak is The King of The Grill, the all-time summer favourite. The smell gets you giddy, while the succulent test finishes you off. Divine. But to really knock your guests off their feet, we recommend pairing it up with an avocado salsa. This dish is worth 27g of protein.
- For this barbecue babe, take a 16-ounce steak and coat with 1 tsp of ground cumin and a quarter tsp of salt. Leave to stand for about fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your grill to medium-high. Then, take your steak and grill on each side for around five minutes. Once done, leave for five minutes. And then slice her up.
- For the salsa, take an avocado (chopped), two tomatoes (chopped), one cucumber (chopped), a single jalapeño (minced), a pinch of lime juice, and a bit more salt. Mix together in a bowl, before draping on your slices of steak.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 4 ounces steak and 3/4 cup salsa (Total salsa: 3 cups)
Per serving: Calories: 232; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 64mg; Sodium: 340mg; Carbohydrate: 7g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 27g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 395mg; Iron: 4%; Vitamin A: 14%; Vitamin C: 31%; Calcium: 3%